Please read this Policy carefully to understand how we treat your personal information.
We collect personal information that you provide to us, including information you submit to us when you use the site, rent equipment, or purchase other services from us. As you navigate through and interact with the site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, online activities, and browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect personal information from third parties.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection on the site includes cookies and web beacons. A cookie is a small text file placed on your device. A web beacon is a small electronic file (e.g., clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) with a unique identifier that is used to understand browsing activity. We use data collected through these technologies, which we may supplement with other information such as location, to help us improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
Linked Site. The site may include links to other website or content that belong to third parties. We are not responsible for personal information that you voluntarily disclose to such third parties and we are not responsible for third party website, content or services. You should review the privacy policies associated with those third parties.
We may use personal information we collect to:
· Provide you with the site as well as with information, products or services that you request from us.
· Complete transactions, including your rental or purchase of products and services.
· Provide customer and account services such as notices regarding products and services or your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
· Perform our contractual obligations and enforce our contractual rights, including for billing and collection.
· Evaluate and improve our products and services, and / or develop new products or services.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information as described in this Policy to the following:
· Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and secure, and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· Our customers in connection with services we provide to them.
· Buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government, court, or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rutherford Equipment Rental, our customers or others.
· To comply with contractual obligations and other requirements to provide you with our products and services, for example, to companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Promotional Offers from Rutherford Equipment Rental. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by Rutherford Equipment Rental to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Rutherford Equipment Rental as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
· Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
The content of the site is not targeted to or intended for persons under the age of 21. Rutherford Equipment Rental does not market products or services to this age group, and does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on the site or on or through any of its features or register on the site, make any purchases or rentals through the site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer).
Rutherford Equipment Rental takes reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure and keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Rutherford Equipment Rental cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to the Site over the Internet.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will post a link to the revised Policy on the homepage of our site, and if you have registered for any of products or services or have an account with us, we may also inform you though a communications channel that you have provided. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Site.
We use the following legal bases for the processing of your personal information:
· Compliance with a legal obligation.
· Performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract with you.
· Our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention, marketing, or improvement of our products and services.
· Your consent, in certain instances.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required by our legal and regulatory obligations. Our retention policies reflect applicable local statute of limitation periods and legal requirements.
In connection with your personal information rights, you have the following rights:
Access, Correction and Erasure Requests: You have the right to:
· ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information
· receive information on how your data is processed
· obtain a copy of your personal information
· request that we update or correct your personal information
· request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances
Withdrawal of Consent. Where processing your personal information is based on your consent you may withdraw this consent at any time; the withdrawal of the consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Right of Objection and Restriction. You may object on grounds relating to your particular situation to our processing of your personal information based on our legitimate business interest, including profiling, and to the sending of marketing communications. You may also request that we place restrictions on our processing of your personal data while we are processing your request or challenge pertaining to the accuracy of your personal information or the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information and our legitimate interests to process this information, or if you need the personal information for litigation purposes.
Data Portability. You may request that we provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal information in a commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note, however, that data portability rights apply only to personal information that we have obtained directly from you and only where our processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract.
You may exercise these rights free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, such as because of its repetitive nature. In some situations, we may refuse to act or impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us above for details on contacting our Privacy Officer). You also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
We use the following cookies:
· Strictly Necessary. Cookies that are necessary for the website to function and that enable you to navigate and use features. The strictly necessary cookies that we use include Google Tag Manager, session/single sign-on and user experience cookies.
· Analytics. We may use the following cookies to gather statistics in order to enhance the performance of the website: Crazy Egg, Google Analytics, Hotjar, New Relic, Pardot, and Heap.
· Advertising. We may use the following cookies to provide more relevant messaging and marketing communications to you: Bing Ads, Criteo, DoubleClick, DoubleClick Ad Exchange-Buyer, DoubleClick Floodlight, Google AdWords Conversion, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, Marchex, Mongoose Metrics, Quantcast, and Yahoo DOT tag.
· Social Media. We may use the following cookies to facilitate the sharing or saving of content: AddToAny and Facebook Connect.
If you are a resident of the State of California, the following additional provisions apply to you.
The information we have collected from California consumers in the previous twelve months consists of the information listed below. This information is also described above in the Section titled “Information we Collect.”
· Identifiers, which include your name, postal address, email address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, IP address, account name, driver’s license number and other similar identifiers. We collect identifiers such as name, address and contact information in order to provide you with our products and services. We may also collect your driver’s license in connection with the use of certain products. In addition, we obtain identifiers such as user name or ID, passwords and similar credentials when you create an account with us to access our services or when you communicate with us via social media, as well as your IP address and unique device identifiers when you visit our website or use our mobile apps.
· The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the Identifiers listed above; (2) signature, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (which may include bank account number and/or credit or debit card number, (5) automobile insurance policy number, (6) information obtained in connection with a credit check (if applicable in connection with services obtained from us), including financial information and education, employment and employment history.
· Commercial information, including records of products and services obtained from Rutherford Equipment Rental and information about your purchasing preferences.
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website, mobile apps and advertisements.
· Geolocation data, including location of our rental equipment and devices.
· Audio information from calls made to our customer service centers or local stores, which may be recorded; video information in the form of CCTV at our local storefronts, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
· Professional or employment-related information, in the form of business contact information and as noted above in connection with credit checks performed in connection with certain services.
· Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our website or use our mobile apps, when you use our products or services, including our training academy, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our website and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
We collect the above personal information directly from consumers, from consumer interactions with our website and mobile applications, and in some cases from our third party service providers or other third-party sources. We disclose personal information in the above categories for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “How We Use Information” and “Information We Share.”
If you are a California resident, you have: (1) the right to know what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell; and (2) the right to request that we delete your personal information. We will honor your request to the extent required by applicable law.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or request to delete on your behalf. An agent may be an individual, or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State. To designate an authorized agent, you must provide the agent with written permission to submit the request. We may still require you to verify your identity directly (subject to certain exceptions). We may refuse a request if the agent does not provide adequate proof of their authorization.
We may not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. This means that we may not deny you services, or charge you different prices or rates for services or provide you with a different level or quality of services (or suggest that we will do so), in response to a request made under the CCPA. However, we may charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of services, where that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
· Emailing us at email@example.com
· Calling us 707-253-7368
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Please note that our Web site and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.